Selected Multicultural Events in Oregon & Beyond
Regional and National Events
- 19th Annual Portland Pride 2013 Parade and Festival
June 15-16, 2013. Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Portland
- Salem World Beat Festival
June 29-30, 2013, Riverfront Park, Salem, OR
At the Beat you can dine, shop and watch breathtaking cultural performances in each of the five World Villages, the Cultural Center, Middle Eastern Center, Showcase Stage and the Amphitheater. Cheer on the exciting Dragon Boat racers! There are more than 125 cultural performances, demonstrations and workshops happening at Oregon’s Premier International Event!
- Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication
July 10-24, 2013, Reed College, Portland, OR
One-, three-, and five-day workshops are available on more than 36 topics presented by faculty from top university programs as well as the world of intercultural consulting.
Links to Selected Oregon Diversity Support Organizations
- 43rd Annual Conference of the National Black Child Development Institute
September 28 - October 1, 2013, New Orleans, LA
The theme for this year's conference is "One Voice Standing Strong for Our Children."
- 6th Annual Northwest Conference on Teaching for Social Justice
October 19, 2013, Chief Sealth International High School, Seattle, WA
The theme for this year's regional conference is "Rethinking our classrooms, organizing for better schools."
- National Indian Education Association 2013 Convention
October 30 - November 2, 2013, Rapid City, SD
The theme of the 44th annual convention of NIEA is "Building education nations and communities.
- 23rd National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) Conference
November 6-10, 2013, Oakland, CA
The theme for the 2013 conference is "Erasing the Shadows, Embracing the Light: Re/visioning Multicultural Education. Join NAME in Oakland for an exciting and energizing experience! Keynote and plenary speakers include Angela Davis, James Banks, and Carl Grant. Intensive half-day and full-day institutes as well as school and community visits are available in connection with the conference.
- 13th SIETAR (Society for intercultural education, training and research) Conference
November 6-9, 2013, Arlington, VA
The theme of the SIETAR-USA 2013 conference is "Exploring Intercultural Boundaries: Innovation, Inclusion, Inspiration." SIETAR connects intercultural professionals from around the USA and from around the world.
- National Association for Bilingual Education
February 13-15, 2014, San Diego, CA
The theme of the 43rd Annual NABE Conference is "Bilingual Education: Sailing to Academic and Personal Success in a Multilingual and Multicultural World"
- TESOL 2014
March 26-29, 2014, Portland, OR
48th annual convention of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. The theme of this year's convention is "ELT for the Next Generation"
- 46th Annual National Migrant Education Conference
April 6-9, 2014, San Antonio, TX
- 26th Annual National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE) in Higher Education
May 27-31, 2012. Indianapolis, IN
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."